Note: This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on a link and purchase an item, we will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Ready to learn the most important takeaways from The Design Of Everyday Things in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
The Design of Everyday Things explains the importance of design in the lives of everyday people.
The Big Takeaways:
- Overly complicated design is the designer’s fault.
- If Keeping up with the rise of technology while keeping a product simple to use is a difficult task.
- When a product is designed with good intention, the product will show the user its purpose.
- When a designer builds a product, they must make it in a way that is user friendly.
- The designer must not only consider the physical interaction with their design but the psychological as well.
- To make a product that goes above and beyond, the designer must consider the use of the product as well as the way a human will use the product.
- Most failed designs have a problem at their core.
- Finding the root issue can help designers make their products more user-friendly.
- Some of the most prosperous designs enforce limits.
- When a product is only made for one use, it is more successful because a straight-forward approach often makes the most sense.